One of the most exciting fishing tournaments is set to begin in Placencia, Belize on September 9 &10, 2017. The two-day Marelco Yamaha Fishing Tournament is a chance for anglers to compete in a number of different categories:
- Kingfish – 3 points per pound and a minimum of eight fish caught
- Barracuda – 1 point/lb and a minimum of 12
- Jack – 1 point/lb and a minimum of fishExtra points will be given on the following basis:
- Wahoo – 5 points/lb with a minimum of 15
- Dorado – 5 points/lb with a minimum of 7
- Tuna – 3 points/lb with a minimum of 5
All fish caught during the tournament must be weighed during the same day in order to qualify. All competing boats must leave the dock at the same time every day and return by the finish time on each day of the tournament. Only lures are allowed and no loose (bare) hooks, cast nets, or live bait is permitted. Registration for the competition closes Friday evening, September 9, 2016.
Although it is not necessary, all competitors are strongly encouraged to obtain a Sport Fishing License from the Placencia Tourism Center in Placencia Village or from the Coastal Zone Management Authority Institute on Princess Margaret Drive in Belize City.
For more information about the tournament, click here.
Chabil Mar is a multiple award-winning resort with its own private beach on the Placencia Peninsula. From a Maya term meaning “beautiful sea”, Chabil Mar is a boutique luxury resort that features its own lush tropical garden, a gourmet restaurant and bar on site, and a full-service spa. All guests of the resort have full use of the facilities, including a private seafront pier ideal for dining or relaxing, free high-speed wireless internet, and the complimentary use of bicycles, kayaks, and paddle boards.
Kid-friendly Belize is the Ultimate Family Vacation Destination
Here are 6 reasons why Belize is a great family vacation destination:
1. Your kids can race down beaches, build sand castles and scream their heads off in the surf year-round, and you’ll never have to worry about offending neighbors, shoppers or disapproving parents. Kids love the sun, the water and the vibe they feel from the moment they arrive in a land where the weather’s perfect year-round. As a matter of fact, kids expend so much energy when set free to explore and discover Belize, they’ve even been known to ask to go to bed early!
2. Your kids will learn that zoos are not really the homes of animals, so when you expose them to Howler Monkeys in the wild, manatees that aren’t on TV and hundreds of species of birds (your kids may only have met robins, sparrows and pigeons in urban environments), you expand their minds. Fill your Belize itinerary with a vast array of animal-focused destinations to expose your kids to animal habitats thereby widening his or her horizons.
3. Don’t tell your kids that they will “learn a lot” when you talk about Belize. They don’t want to learn a lot. They want to have fun. But, here’s the amazing thing about kids: regardless of their age, they’re always curious and you can count on them peppering you with questions when you expose them to Belize’s Barrier Reef, Mayan archaeological ruins, jungles, kayaking, deep sea fishing and more. They’ll learn plenty. Just don’t tell them that.
4. Stay at a kid-friendly resort where staff is all about children. A resort like Chabil Mar is so childcentric, staffers frequently know the names of little guests by the time they leave! Chabil Mar has won myriad awards for superior accommodations, onsite appointments, amenities and activities, so even if you stick around for your entire visit, you won’t hear, “I’m bored!” But why wouldn’t you venture out? Belize family vacation packages include excursions designed just for kids; visit our package page to see what awaits from the moment you arrive here: https://www.chabilmarvillas.com/belize-vacation-packages/belize-family-vacation-package-beautiful-sea.html.
5. Belize is a great place to teach children skills and spend one-on-one time with them when work and other obligations don’t claim most of your waking hours. Your child may be ready to learn to kayak or ride a bike, and since both are available through the Chabil Mar concierge, imagine your little one telling schoolmates she piloted a kayak. Belize’s intriguing cultures are sure to feed your child’s imagination once he is exposed to the traditions and foods of this Caribbean melting pot. Even picky eaters have been known to taste yummy ethnic foods on holiday (and yes, it’s okay to promise dessert if they do).
6. Make memories big time on your family vacation to Belize. Because resorts like Chabil Mar like making your visit effortless, you can book the aforementioned package and just about every detail will be sorted so the toughest part of your trip could be packing. Bring nothing but bathing suits, shirts and shorts for everyone and even packing could take no time at all. Check out the Chabil Mar website to start dreaming and while you’re there, let the kids check out the resort so they can see for themselves the adventures that await once your family arrives!
For more information about visiting Belize or traveling to Belize with kids, feel free to chat with our Concierge at: email@example.com or contact our Reservations Manager at:firstname.lastname@example.org. Or perhaps you would like to call toll free from the US or Canada: 1-866-417-2377.
July is one of the best times for travelers to enjoy the natural beauty of Belize. Although July falls during the summer for the northern hemisphere, temperatures in Belize are not much hotter than the rest of the year. On average, Belize enjoys daytime highs of around 86F (30C) and nighttime lows of 79F (26C), making it the perfect time to enjoy all of the great outdoor activities and events in the country.
Belize is a country with many celebrations and festivals, including during July. One of the biggest attractions is the local fair in the town of Benque Viejo del Carmen in western Belize on the border with Guatemala. This festival honors the town’s patron saint, Our Lady of Mount Carmel, with lots of live marimba music, amusement park style rides, cultural presentations, dances, and, of course, plenty of great food and drink. The patron saint’s day of honor is July 16 and culminates with a church service and impressive fireworks show.
July falls during the historic “low season” in Belize, which means that budget travelers can take advantage of discounts up to 40% on lodging and excursions to visit top sites like the ancient Maya ruins of Xunantunich and Cahal Pech, boat safaris up the Monkey River, and enjoy world-class scuba diving and snorkeling on the Belize Barrier Reef.
The Belize Barrier Reef is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and part of the second-largest barrier reef in the world after Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Divided into seven different protected marine parks and nature areas, the Belize Barrier Reef is composed of hundreds of islands home to a staggeringly diverse population of sea turtles, fish, birds, dolphins, sharks, and other marine life.
Now that all four of America’s biggest airlines, including Southwest, American, United, and Delta, offer non-stop flights to Belize, increased competition means that airfare is now at a historic low. Travelers wanting to vacation in Belize can choose from flights departing major cities across the United States, including Los Angeles, Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Ft. Lauderdale, Chicago, and Houston.
Chabil Mar Resort is located on the famous Placencia Peninsula in southeastern Belize. Situated right on the sparkling waters of the Caribbean, Chabil Mar has luxuriously appointed villas, a lush tropical garden, and a gourmet restaurant renowned for its innovative and delicious seafood dishes. Chabil Mar is perfectly positioned for visitors to enjoy all of the top activities and destinations in the country during July.
For more information about visiting Belize or Placencia in July, feel free to chat with our Concierge at: email@example.com or contact our Reservations Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or perhaps you would like to call toll free from the US or Canada: 1-866-417-2377.
Chabil Mar is a multiple award-winning luxury resort located directly on the beach in Placencia, Belize. The resort features beautifully appointed villas, a lush tropical garden, gourmet restaurant, and a private seafront pier ideal for enjoying romantic candlelit meals under the stars.
If you’ve ever imagined an exotic getaway honeymoon to a gorgeous tropical destination, Chabil Mar is that dream come to life. From the moment you are greeted by the staff to your first glimpse of the sparkling waters of the Caribbean from the veranda of your luxury villa, you will know that you’ve arrived in a truly special place.
Some honeymooners love to curl up in a hammock strung beneath palm trees or take long walks along the beach. For more adventurous couples, Chabil Mar offers the free use of bicycles, paddle boards, and sea kayaks.
Each villa at Chabil Mar comes with Turkish robes, eco-friendly luxury bath products, 400 thread-count linens, a flat screen TV, air conditioning, and a full-size kitchen. When you’re ready to step outside, you can enjoy lounging on the resort’s private beach or step into the Seaview Bar and Lounge for a delicious tropical cocktail. If you get hungry, you can eat at the renowned Cafe Mar restaurant that serves up a fresh-caught seafood and a wide array of local and international dishes.
Chabil Mar in the local Maya language means “Beautiful Sea,” and the resort is perfectly situated for excursions to the nearby islands on the Belize Barrier Reef. A UNESCO World Heritage Site of stunning beauty, the clear waters and white sandy seafloor of the reef are ideal for scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing, and sailing.
On land, there’s lots to enjoy as well. Just minutes away is the enormous Cockscomb Basin Nature Reserve, a pristine wilderness where jaguars still roam. Other top tours include boat trips up the well-named Monkey River, exploring ancient Maya pyramids and temples, and cultural visits to places like Dangriga and Hopkins where the Afro-Caribbean Garifuna people still enjoy their traditional foods, music, and distinctive drumming.
Whether you’re coming to relax in luxurious intimacy or want to enjoy thrilling outdoor adventures with your new spouse, Chabil Mar is the best resort for your honeymoon.
Chabil Mar has a range of Belize honeymoon packages that include transportation, meals, and exciting activities so that you and your beloved can unwind and enjoy an unforgettable romantic vacation in Belize.
For more information about our honeymoon packages, feel free to chat with our Concierge at: email@example.com or contact our Reservations Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or perhaps you would like to call toll free from the US or Canada: 1-866-417-2377.