Discover an escape from everyday life. A place not defined by the expected, but by the unimagined. Here, schedules are optional. And constraints are hard to come by. This is a place where the land and sea are as unique and authentic as the culture. A place where destinations can be located by map, but only found with the soul.
The true Belize experience is discovered when you leave all notions behind, and begin to simply be. Belize. Discover how to be.
For more information about visiting Belize, feel free to chat with our Concierge at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Reservations Manager at:email@example.com. Or perhaps you would like to call toll free from the US or Canada: 1-866-417-2377.
As a Guest Exclusive Resort, the only such resort in Placencia, dining at Chabil Mar is a unique Belizean experience.
The beauty of Belize manifests in so many ways that it would be a shame to miss out by only dining in one location. You have your choice of beachside, villa, poolside, on the pier, at the bar…the possibilities are as endless as the lovely Belizean sky.
Since Chabil Mar is al fresco style, the entire property is your kingdom. There are no walls and no roof, allowing you to feel the open air and the gentle Caribbean Sea breezes. The swaying palm trees and warm sands might be calling you to dine at Cafe Mar Beachside, gazing at the sparkling waves.
You can also try the Kaleidoscope Bar & Lounge for a memorable evening. This is your dream vacation and we cater to your dreams. Whether you wish to dine in the privacy and seclusion of your luxurious personal veranda, relaxing as your fine meal is brought directly to you, or cook on your own in the fully-equipped and modern kitchen, there’s no need to make a choice. You can have it all here at Chabil Mar.
Our Guest Exclusive Resort gives new meaning to “Table with a view, please!” Enjoy a fresh breakfast on the pier, or late-night cuisine under the shining stars. Jump in the water and hook your own delicious seafood – you can prepare it to taste on our complimentary outdoor grills. Or speak with the private chef or serving staff to have your catch of the day made just how you like it. We’ll cook it for you! Custom menus are our pleasure to follow. At Chabil Mar resort, you can do it all yourself or have it all done for you. The choice is yours.
Breakfast with a view!
No Belize vacation is complete without a meander in the neighboring village and perhaps a meal or two with the locals.. Our proximity to Placencia Village means that you can stroll on the beach or use one of our bicycles, paddle boards or kayaks to have lunch in the Village. We’ll bet you have never kayaked or paddle boarded to your luncheon destination! You work up a great appetite and, as a guest at Chabil Mar, you can enjoy this experience any day. We are just three quarters of a mile from the center of Placencia Village. Need complimentary van transportation? We provide that too.
Belize has quickly become one of the hottest destinations for tourists in the world. It’s no wonder with the amazing climate, beautiful crystal clear water, and some of the best scuba and snorkeling reefs, travelers are flocking here. The lush landscaping, gorgeous tropical beaches, and ancient Mayan ruins, are only part of the allure. People also love it here because of the culture and the feeling of totaling getting away from it all.
If you’re planning a trip to Belize, here are five reasons to stay at Chabil Mar, a boutique resort in Placencia.
1. Chabil Mar is pure luxury. If you’re on a vacation, treat yourself to something extra special. It’s been recognized by Fodor’s as their “Choice for Luxury.” With 400 feet of beach right on the Caribbean, only 19 individual villas, and one honeymoon suite, you’ll enjoy your solitude and privacy. All units have a magnificent view of the sea with private verandas. You’ll also receive special pampering and personal attention.
2. It’s the only resort in Placencia that is guest exclusive and offers the closest full service luxury of any resort you’ll find. You’ll love the amenities of Chabil Mar, the only resort which only guests have complete usage. These include:
• Two beachfront infinity pools
• Free wireless internet
• Kayaks, paddle boards, and bicycles (complimentary)
• Evening shuttle service to Placencia Village and back
• Outdoor kitchen facilities and picnic area
• Golf cart rentals
• Café Mar – Tropical beachfront setting and an exclusive restaurant with seafront dining
• Kaleidoscope – bar and lounge with sea view
• Concierge with full service on-site
• Private seafront pier
3. Location is unbeatable. It’s the closest resort to Placencia Village, only 3/4 of a mile to the center of the village. You’ll be able to experience the culture of the local people. They are kind and will entice you to enjoy the spirit of and peacefulness of the Peninsula.
4. Chabil Mar has been awarded the Best Belize Resort and Central America Resorts in the small hotels category by Trip Advisor for nine years in a row. It’s also received special recognition from TravelAgeWest, GQ, Fodor’s, Doctors TV, Price is Right, US News and World Report, American Airlines and Destinations Travel Magazines, and AOL Travel.
5. The gardens at Chabil Mar are undeniably beautiful and peaceful. The gentle sway of the vast array of coconut palm trees that form the frame of the Café Mar which are lit up in the evenings will give you the feeling of being in paradise. The landscape here is unique to all of Placencia as the plants are all natural to the seaside and jungle. You’ll also find many rare topiaries throughout the property to enhance its loveliness.
Have you packed your bags yet? Chabil Mar is awaiting your arrival to this enchanting and calm utopia. Choose one of the luxury suites that will accommodate your needs and the staff will have it ready for you!
For more information about visiting Belize and Chabil Mar, feel free to chat with our Concierge at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Reservations Manager at:email@example.com. Or perhaps you would like to call toll free from the US or Canada: 1-866-417-2377.
Trip Advisor, the world’s largest and most respected travel site has bestowed a plethora of 2015 accolades to Chabil Mar Resort.
Located along the 26 mile long beautiful Placencia Peninsula, Chabil Mar sits between an indigenous Garinagu settlement and the former Creole fishing village of Placencia and appeals to the discerning traveler looking to combine adventure and cultural experience with stylish, upscale and guest exclusive accommodations.
The resort won awards in the following categories:
Top 10 Small Hotels in Belize
Top 10 Hotels For Romance in Belize
Top 10 Hotels For Best Service in Belize
Top 25 Hotels for Best Service in Central America
Top 25 Hotels for Romance in Central America
Top 25 Small Hotels in Central America
Marketing Manager of Chabil Mar, Larry France said that for the past 9 consecutive years, the resort has been winning these awards which shows that they have been working diligently in the tourism industry of Belize. “This is a great start to 2015″, says France who praised all of the employees at Chabil Mar for making this happen.
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site that enables travelers to plan and have the perfect trip and offers trusted advice from real travelers. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world reaching nearly 260 million unique monthly visitors and more than 150 million reviews and opinions covering more than 4 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions.
Chabil Mar is comprised of 19 spacious villas and 1 honeymoon suite, free Wi-Fi, a bar, an outdoor restaurant with great food and views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea, two outdoor pools, 400 feet of private beach, a pier for swimming and reserved dining and a fleet of kayaks and bikes.
A beachfront paradise that offers a breathtaking view of the enchanting cayes and the immensely beautiful barrier reef, Placencia Village is a unique gateway to explore exotic Belize adventures.
If you are looking for ideas on what to do in Placencia, here are 5 tours we highly recommend.
Large cat tracks in the Cockscomb Basin Nature Preserve in Belize. Photo by @theplanit
Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary
Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the biggest rainforest parks in Belize and offer visitors unforgettable attractions of impressive waterfalls, rushing rapids, unique wildlife, and lush vegetation. It is also home to the world’s first jaguar preserve and chances of seeing a jaguar here are slight at best.
The immaculate beauty of Laughing Bird Caye. Photo by @Jeff Monuszko
Laughing Bird Caye
This destination takes a boat to get to, but the bright turquoise waters washing up on the white sand beaches look absolutely great from any view. The Caye is perfect for snorkeling and beachcombing.
Prepare for a jaw-droppingly brilliant experience at Gladden Spit.
Scuba Diving with Whale Sharks
Scuba diving or snorkeling with whale sharks is by far the most exciting and unique experience you will ever have in your life.
Placencia Village is home to some of the best fishing in the world.
Fishing in the Belize Barrier Reef
Placencia’s location makes it an absolutely fantastic place to come for a Belize fishing vacation.
Monkey River is the ultimate nature tour from Placencia Village
Monkey River Tour
Monkey River Tour is one of the best inland tours to do from Placencia and is not just a village or town, but also home to the Black Howler Monkey, which are also known in Belize as the “baboon”. They are also the largest monkey in the country and one of the largest in the Americas.
For more information about traveling to Placencia, feel free to chat with our Concierge at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Reservations Manager at:email@example.com. Or perhaps you would like to call toll free from the US or Canada: 1-866-417-2377.