We are so proud to have Placencia nearly sweep the awards at this year’s event. And, are especially proud of Natalie Ranguy, our Guest Services Manager, on being honored with the award of “Frontline Person of the Year”.
Winners were announced in the following Categories. Congratulations to all of Placencia on a great year!
- Destination of the Year: Placencia
- Hotel of the Year: San Ignacio Resort Hotel
- Small Hotel of the Year: Singing Sands Inn | Maya Beach | Placencia Peninsula
- Frontline Person of the Year: Natalie Ranguy of Chabil Mar | Placencia Village - A frontline employee who has great interpersonal skills, welcomes guests with outstanding Belizean hospitality, is knowledgeable about Belize, and goes above and beyond the everyday duties and responsibilities to ensure that guests’ needs are fulfilled. This individual makes an impressive first and last impression of her work place.
- Tour Guide of the Year: Jerome Williams of Huracan Diving
- Hospitality Award: Placencia Tourism Center | Placencia Village
- Major Festival & Event: Placencia Lobsterfest | Placencia Village
- Tour Operator of the Year: Splash Dive Center | Placencia Village
- Restaurant of the Year: Maya Beach Bistro – Maya Beach | Placencia Peninsula
Minister of Tourism & Culture, Hon. Manuel Heredia, presented two special awards for the night. The Minister’s Award was bestowed on David Heredia, owner of Anchorage Hotel in Caye Caulker, for his work and interest in the tourism industry which are grounded in community improvement and activism. The Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to Jessie Young, President of the Community Baboon Sanctuary Women’s Group in Bermudian Landing, for dedicating her life to grow and develop Belize’s tourism industry. This awardee’s contributions are significant and have positively impacted Belize and the lives of countless Belizeans. Despite challenges, this tourism industry lifetime achiever persevered.
The Minister of Tourism & Culture, Board of Directors, Management & Staff of the Belize Tourism Board salute all winners on their outstanding achievements!
Many of our guests have mentioned how “at home” they feel within hours of visiting with us. Perhaps a major contributor to the wonderfully comfortable relaxation that comes over you at Chabil Mar is created by our beautifully designed and maintained tropical gardens and displays!
Alberto Arias is the Gardens and Landscape Manager and responsible for creating the more than 20 topiaries, his personal artistry, that grace the property.
In June of 2004, during construction, just four coconut palm trees graced the landscape. They are here today forming the frame of the beach-side restaurant, Café Mar, brilliantly lit in the evening for our guests dining and lounging pleasure. The plants and landscape of Chabil Mar are unique not only to the Placencia Peninsula in particular, but to all of Belize as well, in that they are a blend of species and varieties from the natural seaside ‘scapes of Belize as well as the jungle ‘scapes. Many of our plants are “imported” from the Maya mountain range and jungles of the Cayo District to form an all encompassing Belizean tropical paradise.
Why is it that everyone arrives at Chabil Mar and give a collective sigh of peacefulness and relaxation? Perhaps it’s the lush tropical gardens, that envelope the infinity swimming pools, lay the background to the private beach and greet you as you gaze in any direction from your personal veranda every day and night!
Placencia Lobsterfest 2013
With just one more month to go before the most anticipated event in Placencia Village each year, we are readying ourselves for one of the best ever! To compliment the start of the weekend activities, Chabil Mar will be providing beach-side entertainment at Cafe Mar with our Friday night grill and garifuna drummers performing from 6PM to 8:00PM. Then take advantage of our fantastic Placencia Village location and stroll down the beach or hop on our free shuttle and join in on the fun in the Village on the beach.
The 15th Annual Lobsterfest is on June 28-29-30 this year.
Another grand celebration of the opening of Lobster season in Belize and has long been a traditional mainstay of Placencia‘s economy. What to expect in Lobsterfest 2013?
Best Lobstah’ Dish Competition.
Creole, Mayan, Garifuna, Caribbean, European, Asian and North American culinary delights.
Local Rums and Liquors
Popular Local DJs
Headlining Belizean Bands
PLACENCIA LOBSTERFEST RAFFLE
Win a catarmaran trip; A Two-Night stay at a luxury resort; A Snorkeling trip; Roundtrip international and domestic flights, and more!
For adults and kids alike
BEER DRINKING CONTEST
What esle do we say?
BIGGEST LOBSTAH’ COMPETITION
Help protect our reefs – Catch and Eat
MR & MRS PHYSIQUE
Strut your stuff for the crowds!
TIPSY TUNA TOSS
SPICY HOT WINGS EATING CONTEST
- Throw the cast net
- Reel in the kayak
- Fly fishing on the beach
DON’T FORGET YOU VERY OWN 2013 LOBSTERFEST T-SHIRT!
Chabil Mar gives new meaning to “Table with a view, please!”
This is al fresco dining and room service re-defined. Our entire property is your kindgom; you choose where you will dine, all open-air, no walls, no roofs except for the palm tree waving in the wind, on the serenity of your personal villa veranda or a private dinner on the pier. As priceless as this innovative dining experience is, it comes at no extra cost over and above the meals you select. This is a Belize Resort the Chabil Mar way . . . personalized and perfected.
Your breakfast, lunch and dinner dining options on site at Chabil Mar are:
- Cafe Mar Beach-Side
- Your Personal Villa Veranda
- On the Pier Under the Stars
- On a Lounge on the Beach
But, didn’t you come to Belize to explore, find adventure and a new cultural experience? In addition to the exquiste, al fresco dining options at Chabil Mar, you can take advantage of our exceptional beach location in Placencia Village and visit the multiple restaurants, cafes, bars and local roadside vendors on your own, by a stroll along the beach, by bike or kayak or golf cart in five minutes, or even hop on our free hourly evening shuttle.
A Benefit of the Chabil Mar Experience – Unique dining options on and off site at your leisure!
A Luxurious Springtime Caribbean Belize Vacation All Year Through – Special Package Pricing for May, 2013 – 10% Discount
Time is running out to take advantage of this 10% May discount on the Chabil Mar and Chaa Creek “Swim Suits and Hiking Boots” Belize vacation for couple, families and friends.
Enjoy a 7-night Belize Jungle and sea Vacation Package at two award winning resorts: The Lodge at Chaa Creek (Inland at Cayo, Belize) and Chabil Mar (Seaside at Placencia, Belize). This all-inclusive package, available throughout the year, offers our guests a seamless yet diverse Belizean holiday that includes everything in one set price.
The Chabil Mar portion includes:
- Welcome drink and resort tour
- Accommodations in a Luxury Villa
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners (including a dinner in Placencia Village at a select restaurant)
- Bottle of Champagne
- Complimentary use of bicycles and kayaks
- 2 Full days of Golf Cart to explore Placencia Village at your leisure
- Two fresh water infinity pools
- Full day snorkeling
- Hiking tour of Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve OR Boat to Monkey River for the Howler Monkey Tour (your choice of either one)
- Flights Roundtrip between Belize City International Airport and Placencia
- Roundtrip airport transfer Placencia Airport and Chabil Mar
The Chaa Creek portion includes:
- Cottage accommodations
- Full Meal Plan – All breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Excursions to the Maya temples of Tikal and Barton Creek Cave
- Guided tours of the Natural History Center and Butterfly Farm
- Canoeing and nature walks
- Round trip transfers with a stop at the Belize Zoo and Xunantunich Maya Temple Sites (Transfers are from the Philip Goldson International Airport to Chaa Creek and Chaa Creek to Chabil Mar)
To reserve your Jungle and Sea Belize Vacation:
- Contact Us via the Chabil Mar web site
- Call Us Toll Free US/CAN: 1-866-417-2377 – Local 011-501-523-3606
- Email our Reservations Manager, Althea Schable: Reservations@chabilmarvillas.com
Ask about the May 10% Discount!