Brent and Lindsay aren’t taking any chances that guests invited to their July 16, 2016 Belize wedding will encounter travel problems that could keep them from attending the big day. They wisely added a Q&A page to their wedding website (http://linzza113n.wix.com/brentandlindsayallen#!blank/n44bq) that addresses questions traveler might ask about getting to this Caribbean wedding paradise. Those who don’t join the fun will have to come up with some creative excuses if they skip this festive and exciting celebration!
Of course, many of Brent’s and Lindsay’s close friends and relatives are already planning to take their summer vacations in Belize after following the progress of this romance for three years. The couple first met on September 12, 2013 and even the circumstances surrounding that day are serendipitous: the couple crossed paths along a San Diego beach, and in July, they’ll take their vows at a gorgeous beachfront resort.
Lindsay had just left school and was heading to her car when Brent spotted her and they literally experienced a metaphysical connection the moment their eyes met. Anyone who doesn’t believe in fate, kismet and providence may want to take a page from this couple’s fortuitous first encounter.
Brent wasn’t shy. He asked “the pretty lady in the green dress” to join the tailgate party he and friends were enjoying. He wasn’t sure how she would respond, but remember that we’re talking destiny here, so of course Lindsay said yes. The two talked well into the night and to make sure they saw each other again, Brent invited her to a barbeque that launched a world class love affair, culminating with their May 2015 engagement.
Do their friends need more incentive to attend their wedding? Probably not, but since all of the festivities are taking place at Chabil Mar, the resort that is fast becoming known as Belize’s Wedding Mecca on the Placencia Peninsula, the couple dedicated an entire page of their wedding website to the venue itself, calling Chabil Mar their idea of paradise. Guests making the short flight to Belize will be spoiled almost as much as the bride and groom once they realize that their accommodations are guaranteed to be as splendid as the wedding itself.
Calling Chabil Mar the most amazing destination wedding site they encountered while searching the Caribbean, Brent and Lindsay are determined to make their wedding “more convenient” by coordinating things with Chabil Mar wedding planners so guests receive “all the benefits of vacationing with a big group without any of the extra stress.” This couple’s love, thoughtfulness and energy are going to make theirs a wedding that won’t soon be forgotten for friends and family sharing the start of this happy couple’s future!
Two award winning Belize resorts have come together to offer visitors to Belize the ultimate adventure vacation package. This 7-night and 8-day jungle and sea package will have you exploring the pristine jungles of Belize and swimming with some of the most amazing creatures of the deep.
The Caves Branch Jungle Lodge is located just off the beautiful Hummingbird Highway in a gorgeous jungle setting near the capital of Belmopan. All accommodations are in the form of jungle suites and bungalows and guests have the option of staying in one of the resort’s majestic tree houses. Designed to combine modern luxury with an integrated jungle experience, few resorts can compare to the lodgings at Caves Branch.
Situated on the beautiful Placencia Peninsula on the coast of southeastern Belize, Chabil Mar feature elegant beachfront luxury. All villas are richly appointed and the resort is only a short distance from the picturesque fishing village of Placencia. With close access to the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Belize Barrier Reef, Chabil Mar is the gateway to all of the best diving, fishing, and snorkeling areas in southern Belize.
The Caves Branch Jungle Lodge and Chabil Mar have partnered together to offer visitors a spectacular week-long Belize vacation package. After arriving in Belize City, guests will be flown to Placencia where they will spend four nights in Chabil Mar. During the day, guests will be taken to Gladden Spit, a pristine marine reserve on the southern Belize Barrier Reef where they will dive with migrating whale sharks. The largest fish in the ocean, whale sharks pose little risk to divers and enjoy frolicking and interacting with humans.
Guests will then be driven overland to the beautiful Caves Branch Jungle Lodge where they will spend three nights in one of the charming bungalows on the property. During the day, guests will get a chance to experience some of the best that the jungle has to offer, exploring ancient Mayan cities, spelunking in some of the largest caves in Central America, or sailing on a zip line high up in the canopy. Guests will also get to experience a night safari, a unique chance to witness the exotic jungle animals that are only active at nighttime.
Belize is an eclectic country with unspoiled nature, a rich abundance of wildlife, and fantastically beautiful panoramas. Visitors can now see all of the best of Belize with this outstanding combination of “jungle and sea”.
For more information about this Jungle & Sea vacation package, feel free to chat with our Concierge at: email@example.com or contact our Reservations Manager at:firstname.lastname@example.org. Or perhaps you would like to call toll free from the US or Canada: 1-866-417-2377.
When spring arrives, the faithful eagerly await Easter, a holiday filled with pageantry and fun. Should you decide to celebrate the holy season here in Belize, make it the kind of vacation that suits your religious needs and sensibilities while enjoying weather that’s heavenly. As a Christian, you’ll celebrate in a nation where 80-percent of the populace shares your faith; if you’re not Christian you’ll have an equally fabulous time of it since Belize serves up some of the most beautiful sights, sounds and tastes in the Caribbean at this time of year.
What sets Belize apart from other Central American nations when Easter rolls around? As a society that takes the season of Jesus’s resurrection very seriously, your visit will coincide with a four-day celebration that’s a non-stop ride through parties, events and religious rituals. The nation shuts down in deference to the pious nature of the season, but you won’t care if you visit because you are in Belize to slow down and relax, right?
If you’ve limited time in Belize and wish to see the best of the best, we urge you to attend this Good Friday tradition: evening mass followed by a moving re-enactment of The Way of the Cross staged in the town of Benque Viejo del Carmen in western Belize. Other re-enactments of the Via Crucis will also be held in the Districts of Orange Walk and Corozal, in case one of these locations is more convenient for you.
If you think a suitcase filled with fancy Easter duds is necessary for your holiday trip, re-think your packing strategy. Bring one nice outfit to attend services at any of Belize’s churches on Good Friday, but because the weather’s hot and lots of activities surrounding Easter are more secular than sacred, lightweight shorts, shirts, skirts and traditional resort wear plus swimsuits will have you covered in the fashion department.
Be forewarned that alcohol is not served in Belize on Good Friday, so if you can’t imagine a day that doesn’t include the cocktail hour, follow the lead of tourists and stockpile your bubbly before this 24-hour period begins. Some visitors say that the parties, church services, water sports and visits to attractions keep them so busy, they don’t even miss having alcoholic beverages on this holy day.
Change up the pace of your Belize Easter visit by attending the annual Holy Saturday Cross Country Cycle Race. The antithesis of religious pageantry, this cycling race is an excitement-filled, 140-mile-long event that takes cyclists from Belize City to San Ignacio/Santa Elena and back. This wildly popular competition attracts big crowds, but if you’ve no interest in the sport, your resort host can help you find things to do for this short period of time that are away from the race route along the Western Highway.
Once you’ve experienced Good Friday and Holy Saturday Belize style, you can expect a more familiar day on Easter Sunday. Churches throughout the nation proclaim the Resurrection of Christ during services and then, in fairly typical fashion, families get together for meals as do tourists in country for the holiday. By afternoon, athletic events, fairs other secular events liven up the third day of this holiday—leaving Easter Monday to be observed. On this day, the last of the fairs, athletic events, dances and parties wrap up this four day celebration!
If reading about Easter in Belize whets your appetite, we recommend accommodations at Chabil Mar in Placencia. The recipient of myriad hospitality and media awards–plus recommendations from travelers who keep coming back–this luxury resort offers gracious surroundings, superior accommodations and service. Staff is delighted to help guests find and attend celebrations held during the Easter holiday season, but to see the full extent of what awaits at Chabil Mar, take a peek at the resort’s website.
For more information about visiting Belize or Chabil Mar for Easter, feel free to chat with our Concierge at: email@example.com or contact our Reservations Manager at:firstname.lastname@example.org. Or perhaps you would like to call toll free from the US or Canada: 1-866-417-2377.
What’s on your calendar for Valentine’s Day? If you tend to fall back on the same old, same old—a box of chocolates or a bunch of flowers—both make a nice prelude to a kiss, just as long as you follow up with a romantic dinner guaranteed to make memories.
Does the venue matter? Of course—which is why there’s no place like Chabil Mar Belize’s most romantic resort. Take the love of your life to Chabil Mar on February 14th and you don’t have to bother to make that candy-and-flowers stop: your dinner host at Café Mar will provide both gifts in addition to a delicious, three-course plated dinner for two, prepared by chefs who are experts at crafting dishes that excite the eyes and the taste buds.
Why is Chabil Mar the most appropriate destination of all for your Valentine’s Day dinner? Because it’s already Placencia’s most luxurious resort, aptly named “Beautiful Sea” as a tribute to the 400-feet of private beachfront hugging the resort. It’s so lush, couples eager to marry on the beach serenaded by breezes and azure seas take one look at Chabil Mar’s waterfront and they look no further for a wedding venue.
Why book a Valentine’s Day reservation at Chabil Mar? Because the food is heavenly, the atmosphere is divine and live music, courtesy of Belize’s renowned saxophonist, Richard Pitts, will fill the night air with sensuous sounds. Valentine’s Day seatings are limited so couples can linger, which is why this meal is served only between the hours of 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. Given this short window, reservations are encouraged!
Are you the quintessential romantic soul? If the answer is yes, why stop with dinner? Each of Chabil Mar’s 19 luxury villas offers couples dreamy views of the Caribbean Sea from verandas designed for privacy and intimacy. You’ll be hidden away from the world so your time together won’t be interrupted by anything more than a cooling breeze. Every suite is exquisitely furnished and the epitome of boutique luxury. What says passion more than sipping champagne on a king-size bed made up with the finest linens?
Valentine’s Day dinner at Chabil Mar is more than just fine dining experience in a lush tropical setting with the object of your affection. It’s your opportunity to settle quietly into the moment without phones, work, kids and other distractions so you can concentrate only on the person you adore. Remember why you fell in love all over again as you glance across the table and look into eyes that captured your heart. By the time the evening ends, you’ll understand why Chabil Mar has become the Valentine’s Day Capital of Belize.
For more information about visiting Belize or Chabil Mar for Valentines Day, feel free to chat with our Concierge at: email@example.com or contact our Reservations Manager at:firstname.lastname@example.org. Or perhaps you would like to call toll free from the US or Canada: 1-866-417-2377.
Here are 6 reasons why Belize is a great family vacation destination:
1. Your kids can race down beaches, build sand castles and scream their heads off in the surf year-round, and you’ll never have to worry about offending neighbors, shoppers or disapproving parents. Kids love the sun, the water and the vibe they feel from the moment they arrive in a land where the weather’s perfect year-round. As a matter of fact, kids expend so much energy when set free to explore and discover Belize, they’ve even been known to ask to go to bed early!
2. Your kids will learn that zoos are not really the homes of animals, so when you expose them to Howler Monkeys in the wild, manatees that aren’t on TV and hundreds of species of birds (your kids may only have met robins, sparrows and pigeons in urban environments), you expand their minds. Fill your Belize itinerary with a vast array of animal-focused destinations to expose your kids to animal habitats thereby widening his or her horizons.
3. Don’t tell your kids that they will “learn a lot” when you talk about Belize. They don’t want to learn a lot. They want to have fun. But, here’s the amazing thing about kids: regardless of their age, they’re always curious and you can count on them peppering you with questions when you expose them to Belize’s Barrier Reef, Mayan archaeological ruins, jungles, kayaking, deep sea fishing and more. They’ll learn plenty. Just don’t tell them that.
4. Stay at a kid-friendly resort where staff is all about children. A resort like Chabil Mar is so childcentric, staffers frequently know the names of little guests by the time they leave! Chabil Mar has won myriad awards for superior accommodations, onsite appointments, amenities and activities, so even if you stick around for your entire visit, you won’t hear, “I’m bored!” But why wouldn’t you venture out? Belize family vacation packages include excursions designed just for kids; visit our package page to see what awaits from the moment you arrive here: http://www.chabilmarvillas.com/belize-vacation-packages/belize-family-vacation-package-beautiful-sea.html.
5. Belize is a great place to teach children skills and spend one-on-one time with them when work and other obligations don’t claim most of your waking hours. Your child may be ready to learn to kayak or ride a bike, and since both are available through the Chabil Mar concierge, imagine your little one telling schoolmates she piloted a kayak. Belize’s intriguing cultures are sure to feed your child’s imagination once he is exposed to the traditions and foods of this Caribbean melting pot. Even picky eaters have been known to taste yummy ethnic foods on holiday (and yes, it’s okay to promise dessert if they do).
6. Make memories big time on your family vacation to Belize. Because resorts like Chabil Mar like making your visit effortless, you can book the aforementioned package and just about every detail will be sorted so the toughest part of your trip could be packing. Bring nothing but bathing suits, shirts and shorts for everyone and even packing could take no time at all. Check out the Chabil Mar website to start dreaming and while you’re there, let the kids check out the resort so they can see for themselves the adventures that await once your family arrives!
For more information about visiting Belize or traveling to Belize with kids, feel free to chat with our Concierge at: email@example.com or contact our Reservations Manager at:firstname.lastname@example.org. Or perhaps you would like to call toll free from the US or Canada: 1-866-417-2377.